Monday, May 14, 2012

Thank you, Pinterest!

{ Under the Kitchen Sink }


Under my kitchen sink was a disaster.  I keep everything under there.  Towels, scrubbers, cleaning supplies, garbage bags, even glass flower vases.  I was very limited on space and needed a place to hang wet towels to dry.  A $5 tension rod is all it took to help solve this disaster area.  I was able to hang my damp kitchen towels and even cleaner.  This frees up space and it's much easier to find exactly what I'm looking for!

{ Tackle Box Gone Battery Storage }



My husband was in love with this idea.  We can never find a AAA battery when we need one but not anymore.  I purchased a tackle box for under 10 bucks and sorted our batteries by type.  When selecting a box, make sure it's sturdy.  Don't get a cheap one.  I found one with a really strong handle and snaps.  You also want to make sure it's deep enough and will close to store your C and D cell batteries.  With this sleek design, it's easy to slide up against the cabinet wall under the sink.  Now, when we need batteries for the TV remote or for a toy, it's so easy to find.  This is one of my favorite organizers!!

{ Weekly Family Planning Board }




You will need an old picture frame with glass, fabric (I used a curtain panel), clips, glue, spray paint, and Mod Podge. Paint the frame, Mod Podge the fabric to the glass, glue clips to the board. I use this board to communicate messages to my family of activities we have for the week. I also use the board to post chores or to-dos and meal planning for the week. Total cost for this project was about $2.00 because I upcycled material I already had.

No comments:

Post a Comment